Monday, February 22, 2010

Salta

We cycled through a mad one-way system in Salta and in the centre found the main square. We set up base at a WiFi cafe, settling at a table right next to a power socket. Result!
Lots of Google-Earthing to check upcoming altitudes.
The place had a buffet for a set price, so we had lunch here. By 3pm we'd done what we needed and cycled back. All the shops were shut for their siesta, even though the air-conditioned shops remove any need to sleep off the heat of the day. I guess it's a habit, and helps them stay up all night to make lots of noise.
The one-way system again befuddled us and we ended up God knows where, turned a corner and hey presto, there was our road. Bizarre.
We had a barbecue that evening, as most (all?) Argentinian campsites have stone bbq for people to us. I don't think they ever cook by any other method.
That night we had dogs fighting in the area (cos they don't neuter their dogs here) and someone played music until about 3am.
I felt rather peculiar. I desperately wanted water, it was beyond thirsty. It felt like my life depended on it. I guzzled a load down and went back to sleep.
In the night I noticed my stomach was aching and I felt as though I ould be sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment