Sunday, February 14, 2010

one dry town

My knee is still sore. I tried to keep changing its position in the night to prevent it seizing up. The swelling has gone down a little.
We headed into town for a poo among other things, as our campsite still has no water. There is a tap that works but it's round the back of the building.
As to the poo, we went to a bar in town. I used the loo but then discovered the cistern was empty. A tap did work, but there was no bucket. I ended up filling waster paper bin with water to flush. This is one dry town!
This place is far more how I imagined South America to be. It's like a proper pueblo.
Also, now that we have cracked lips, sunburn, hair like rope, I feel more like we're on the road. Up until now, wearing clean-smelling clothing, I've still felt too fresh from Hove.

dist 56.19km
ride time 5:19:03
average 10.5kph
max 75kph
current altitude 1999
trip alti 1099
max alti 2983 max alti

No comments:

Post a Comment